Sunday, January 24, 2010

Week in Geek

An award-winning post for most tags!

My new PC arrived this week, and it is lovely. I had a bit of a scare yesterday when it froze up and then would not POST after reboot, but after re-seating all the components, it seems fine. So something was simply loose. Windows 7 is lovely as well - I've had good luck with everything running so far except my flatbed scanner whose era was sometime around Windows 98.

Finally finished Lego Indy 2, and have started working on Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 again, but I think I'll be heading into Dragon Age, soon.

I got to run my Mutants and Masterminds game last weekend, where we finally got to introduce the third regular member of the team. I think if I can pick up one more regular player, I'll be happy - I can use an NPC for the fifth pilot.

I've been reading the first volume of Showcase Presents : Green Lantern, collecting Hal Jordan's Silver Age adventures. I'm about halfway through, but I think it'll deserve a post of its own when I'm done.

Lastly, I had an excellent stroke of luck yesterday - on one of my irregular toy hunts, I managed to turn up the Marvel Universe figure of Bullseye, one of the very few I had missed, as well as the 'Super Powers' version of Parademon from the DC Classics line. Toys 'R Us is apparently exclusively reactivating certain oldler DC Classics waves - I may yet find an Aquaman to complete the Gorilla Grodd wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment