Thursday, January 12, 2012

New 52 - the First Casualties

So, I was going to write a post about the announcement of 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons today, but I think I'll hold off on that, to talk about comics.

Blackhawks, Hawk and Dove, Men of War, Mister Terrific, OMAC, and Static Shock are dead, after issue #8. Five of them, I'd never picked up - OMAC was fun, but not really generating long-term interest.

Replacing them will be Batman Incorporated, Earth 2, World's Finest, Dial H, G.I. Combat, and The Ravagers. Some thoughts :

  • Batman, Inc - I was reading this before, and I will pick it up when it resumes.
  • Earth 2 - This is our James Robinson / Nicola Scott JSA title, so I will buy this.
  • World's Finest - I love that they're finally resurrecting the name. But it's the Huntress and Power Girl of Earth 2, stranded in 'our world' - meaning New Earth or Earth Prime? I'll probably give it a look at least.
  • Dial H - An update of Dial H for Hero, this one gets a few issues of try-out from me.
  • G.I. Combat - 'War That Time Forgot' as a lead feature, with backups of the Unknown Soldier and the Haunted Tank? This might be interesting enough to pick up a few issues, unlike Blackhawks or Men of War.
  • The Ravagers - Not even going to bother.

All in all, I think this is a change for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment