Wednesday, August 12, 2009

CandidGamera vs. New Comics Day

So, for my first substantive post - new comics day. I pick up my books every Wednesday, sort them into a reading order, and while away the evening. I tend to sort them by publisher, and then within the publishers, sort so as to save the comics I most want to read, until the end. Better anticipation that way.

This was a BIG week for me, so I think I might have to split up any light reviews I do. Let's kick things off with the list :

  • The Incredibles #4
  • PS238 #40
  • Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers #4
  • The Incredible Hercules #132
  • Red Circle : The Inferno #1
  • Final Crisis Aftermath : Escape #4
  • R.E.B.E.L.S. #7
  • Titans #16
  • Red Robin #3
  • Green Arrow / Black Canary #23
  • JSA vs. Kobra #3
  • Batman #689
  • Superman Secret Files 2009 #1
  • Action Comics #880
  • Adventure Comics #1
  • Booster Gold #23
  • Green Lantern Corps #39
  • Blackest Night : Batman #1
  • Blackest Night #8
  • Fables #87
  • Knights of the Dinner Table #153
  • Wednesday Comics #6
I have a confession to make - I still haven't read Wednesday Comics #5, from last week. I like the novelty of the format, but without the DC Universe Continuity, I don't feel as driven to read the stories quickly, and the format can be a little unwieldy. I do like almost all of the strips, though the Wonder Woman strip sticks out as a bit too muddled.

No comments:

Post a Comment