Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pathfinder

I need to get back on my 4th Edition discussion thread - I'll get there eventually. In the meantime, I was overjoyed on Saturday when my long-delayed copy of the Pathfinder core rules arrived. I had originally ordered the book from Amazon directly, at a substantial discount. I kept waiting and waiting, and the book never came back into stock - so early last week, I took a peek out at Paizo's website to see if there was news of a second printing.

To my surprise, the book wasn't out of print - I think that Paizo just couldn't fulfill Amazon's re-order. Perhaps the discount was too steep? So I canceled my order from Amazon and ordered from one of Amazon's affiliates who had the book in stock.

Fifty bucks was, I thought, a fairly hefty price tag for what I expected to be an equivalent to the D&D Player's Handbook. it was, however, a fairly inexpensive price tag for what I actually got - the Pathfinder Core Rulebook is a PHB and DMG in one. Full color printing, too. I may have to do a full review later on, but I have to say I am pleased with the initial quality. The Bestiary, which I also ordered, is likewise spiffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment