Monday, March 8, 2010

Week in Geek

Well, I'll say this - the idea for these 'Week in Geek' posts at least motivates me to post twice a week at a minimum, instead of only once. That's definitely a good thing for my writing discipline.

Two major things to cover - first, my current Mutants and Masterminds campaign. I have, theoretically, four players in it. Two of these players are reasonably reliable in their ability to show up. That's not a recipe for a good ongoing game, especially for a game where one of the chief metaphors is Power Rangers / Voltron - meaning, your protagonist is essentially the team as a whole.

I've been exploring some avenues to get around this problem - one, I'd love to recruit more players. That's tricky in the best of times, and these are not the best of times. Back in college, it was relatively simple, but now that I'm removed from that hotbed of roleplaying that is academia, it's a little more challenging. Still, I will keep looking for more people.

In the meantime, I'm pursuing option two. Option Two is that I run the Giant Robot game when I have the three pilots present (and optionally the fourth person), and run something else when one of the pilots is absent. Longtime readers may recall I had a competing campaign notion before I chose the Giant Robot game, and I decided to dust it off after checking with my players - Golden Age Superheroes, in 1939.

Apart from that, most of my weekend was taken with City of Heroes - this being 'Double XP Weekend' and all. I pushed all of my heroic characters except one to the magic level 20 threshold - opening up an extra costume slot, earning a cape, et cetera. Of course, the most important level 20 milestone is the acquisition of Stamina, the magic power that makes things go. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment