Monday, April 26, 2010

Week in Geek

I had the week off of work, so I was able to go hog-wild with absorbing as much media as I could possibly stand. A local video store going out of business, coupled with some trade-in exchanges at the local Vintage Video and Game store gave me a pile of DVDs to watch, and I haven't even gone through half of them yet.

The unexpected gem of the lot so far is the third disc of Azumanga Daioh, which I really enjoy. I'm going to Netflix the rest of the series. I also enjoyed a Blu-Ray of Family Guy's Empire Strikes Back parody.

I got in some quality video game time, with Dragon Quest IV and Lunar : Silver Star Story. Really trying to finish Lunar so I can move on to other things.

I suppose the biggest geek thing of the week would be my trip to Pennsylvania, to the home of an old acquaintance who is liquidating a massive toy collection. I found several things for the DC Classics line that I really, really wanted. Mongul and Cyborg Superman! Aquaman, with Grodd's right arm! The Solomon Grundy wave!

Most satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment